Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Si Scott


A couple of days ago I came across a designer and his work that really amazed me. Si Scott is a designer and illustrator born in 1977 in Leeds, UK. He started drawing and experimenting with design at an early age and his work grew into something unique and remarkable. He mixes hand drawn patterns and swirls with modern typography to create a dynamic illustration. His unique style has helped him gain a very impressive list of clients including, Hugo Boss, MTV and Nike. For me, his work is really inspiring because of the style he creates and how he incorporates it into the typography. I love the way he manipulates the shape of the type without butchering it. He has a natural ability to create contrasts between thick and thin lines and swirls to produce a unified design. Here is a link to his website SiScottStudio. There's also a short video of him and his illustration thats really cool here.

Heres some photo's of his work.







6 comments:

  1. I am really impressed with Si Scott's work. It's always interesting to learn about new designers, especially ones that have such interesting ideas like this one. I am impressed that he was able to make a sans serif typeface look so organic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like his work. It's a cool mixture of organic shapes with sans serif type that looks very contemporary. I can see why MTV hired him, since his artwork is very graphic and eye-catching for a younger audience, yet elegant as well to still make it look professional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. His work is inspiring. I always enjoy looking at new and innovative ways designers choosing to express themselves. His style kind of reminds me of the style of tattoo artists.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate learning about a successful artist younger than 50's years old. It gives me hope that I do not have to wait 30 years before I achieve some type of success. Thanks Henry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is hard to strike that balance between too much and not enough. Younger artist typically want to overdue their work. This guy got it right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The designer really got his own style. These are cool and complex graphical shapes. I speialy like the wavy graphic on the "open" design. It seems like the graphic was moving.

    ReplyDelete