Thursday, April 9, 2009

Dreams Of Flying, Sleeping and Dancing?

So I have been seeing this theme a lot lately and I thought it would be a great topic to blog about. The whole idea is playing around with the point of view of the scene. The whole scene is played out on the ground as if it were right side up. Its hard to explain really but the outcome of it is really cool. I’m sure that some of you have seen the music video “Chasing Pavements” by Adele where there is an accident scene that turns into a dancing scene all choreographed on the ground. A couple weeks ago I saw this new video, “Her Morning Elegance” by Oren Lavie where the whole music video uses this idea. Jan von Holleben is a photographer who basis some of his photography on this idea. I think it’s really creative and different. I love how it catches your eye and you really have to study the photographs to really see how he set the scene up. Here are the video’s and some photo’s of Hollenben’s work.


Oren Lavie - Her Morning Elegance



Adele - Chasing Pavements




Jan von Holleben "Dreams Of Flying"






4 comments:

  1. I think it is fascinating to some people right now. I don't think the concept will have longevity. Most concepts don't, so it's fine. Something more fascinating will take over, and this will be another fad like 2-way pagers. Hey, I could be wrong though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That definetly is super neat I especially like the one with the little kid flying away with ballons it catches my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked Adele's video when it first came out. I thought it was original and more creative than a lot of music videos that I've seen. I think what people are fascinated by is the illusion of space and movement and how we can express that without having to leave the ground, literally. It's about taking something mundane that we do every day, and flipping it so that it looks like the people are walking/moving all over the place when they're just laying down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oren Lavie's video is very cool. I had seen Adele's video and I had liked it a lot but "Her morning grace" definitely takes it to a whole other level.

    ReplyDelete